Bariatric Advantage - Chewable Iron 60mg - Lemon Lime, 90 Count$81.99
- 270 tablets
- 60mg with Vitamin C
- Ferronyl® carbonyl iron. Ferronyl® carbonyl iron powder is elemental iron (Fe) with > 98% iron content. A key physical property of Ferronyl is its small particle size, which is considerably smaller than other forms of elemental iron. As a result, Ferronyl has higher human bioavailability than these other forms. The net absorption per unit dose of Ferronyl is also greater than that of any of the currently used ferrous (Fe2+) salts.
- Ferrous Fumarate (Passion Fruit only). Ferrous fumarate is a well-tolerated and well-absorbed form of iron. The ferrous forms of iron are known to be among the best-absorbed of the salts. The most commonly used form, ferrous sulfate, is 20% elemental iron and is notorious for causing gastrointestinal side-effects. By contrast, ferrous fumarate is 33% elemental iron, and is much less likely to produce side effects. Absorption of ferrous fumarate is additionally enhanced by vitamin C.
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is known to enhance iron absorption. Vitamin C benefits the absorption of iron by reducing ferric iron (Fe3+) to ferrous iron (Fe2+) and forming an iron-ascorbic acid complex. A 1999 study conducted in gastric bypass patients suggested that the combination of iron with vitamin C was more effective than iron alone at restoring ferritin and hemoglobin levels in anemic patients.
- Short-Chain Fructoligosaccharides. Fructoligosaccharides (FOS) have been studied for their ability to improve the uptake of select minerals (including iron, calcium and magnesium) from the colon. In animal models, use of FOS with iron has been shown to increase ferritin levels and aid in the recovery from anemia. In one study in rats who had been subjected to total gastrectomy, the combination of FOS with iron was successful in preventing the development of anemia. This strategy makes sense for individuals who have undergone weight loss surgery where there is both partial gastrectomy and short bowel to aid in the optimization of iron uptake and support the maintenance of body stores.
- Great Taste. When it comes to our iron, tasting is believing. Our great taste helps patients comply with your recommendation
- Shipping Weight: 0.8 ounces